Share SSW’s Mehmet Ozdemir, Solution Architect, is the host of this Webinar. He is joined by Andrew Coates, Developer Evangelist at Microsoft, to talk about the pros and cons of using LightSwitch. They discuss: Introduction to LightSwitch and how it fits into Visual Studio The LightSwitch Architecture (Client Tier; Middle Tier; Data Access) Example library …
Gerard Beckerleg, Solution Architect at SSW, sat down with Marlon Marescia, Sales Manager at SSW to talk about the common pitfalls faced by teams working with Scrum and how you can overcome them.
At SSW, Gerard is a seasoned ‘White Robe’ who is able to give great insight into the Scrum framework. This video is great for anyone who is looking to implement Scrum into their organization or team.
- The history of Scrum and Agile
- Product Owners and Scrum Masters
- The various events and artefacts of Scrum and the roles of the team members
- The challenges that Gerard and SSW have found during their years of experience and how they overcame them
Webinar – ‘How to make hiring and working with software developers less risky’ with Adam Cogan and Adam Stephensen
Marlon Marescia was joined by SSW Chief Architect Adam Cogan and SSW Solution Architect Adam Stephensen for a Webinar on the 25th of October
Software development is risky. SSW has worked with hundreds of clients over the last 20 years. We understand that undertaking a new software project introduces many risks to you and your company. That’s why we want to share with you some key points on how you can lower that risk.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The key questions to ask prospective software consultants
- The best project management methodology for delivering cost effective software
- How to manage software consultants
- The #1 way to ensure your software project is successful
- The pros and cons of fixed price and time and materials contracts
In an unusual twist the SSW TV team found themselves in front of the camera for this month’s Webinar.
In this session Marlon Marescia, Raj Dhatt and Titus Maclaren discussed the reasons why you would want to use video in your business, how to effectively use video in your marketing strategy and also what the technical aspects of video making are by showing equipment you would need to start off.
The points covered by this webinar are:
- How to use online videos to establish your business as a trusted advisor to increase sales
- A comparison of the best video hosting services
- What types of videos are effective to secure sales vs just branding
- How to create a community around your videos
- How to convert a viewer of your video into a sale (call to action)
- Case study: how SSW used SSW TV to create new business opportunities
- How to make professional videos on a budget
- Recording equipment
- Sound equipment
- Basic on lighting
- Backgrounds: green screen, backdrops, sets etc.
- Editing: the software and where to start
Our latest Webinar is hosted by SSW’s Eric Phan, who is joined by Andrew Coates (Developer Evangelist at Microsoft) to talk all things Cloud and Azure.
Being a Developer Evangelist at Microsoft, Andrew is able to talk in great detail about the benefits of moving your apps to the cloud are and why Windows Azure is a great tool for developers to use for this.
In this Webinar, Andrew discusses:
- Why developers should use the cloud
- Why use Azure?
- Moving to Azure
- Some useful links to resources
- We end with a Q&A session
A chance to watch SSW’s latest Webinar broadcasted live on the 6th of October
Are your users starting a report and going for a coffee or a smoke while they wait? Are your users constantly complaining about timeouts when using your application?
If you find yourself with a sluggish database, stop pulling your hair out! In this webinar SSW will show you the top 8 methods we use to reduce the time it takes to run queries from minutes or hours to seconds.
This webinar will provide the viewer with:
1. Top 8 ways to improve the performance of your SQL Server Database
2. How to prevent performance issues from occurring
3. How to resolve these issues after it goes into production
4. How write code that ensures your SQL server remains healthy
5. Steps an administrator can take to return your SQL server to optimal health