In this session, you will find out how to make a very REST friendly API using the new and shiny ASP.Net WebAPI technology set shipped with MVC 4. We will look at the way we have exposed API’s in the past, and how that has changed overtime to what we have today.
We will examine how to create our API to automatically handle HTTP verbs, easy support of multiple content types, usage logging, various media handling and much more. If you are creating a new API, or are currently using ASMX, WCF, WCFWebAPI or MVC to expose your API, come and see how to do it using the new kid on the block.
Monthly News (16th Oct 2012)
In this month’s news, Adam Cogan discusses:
- Windows Surface (price announcement)
- Office 2013 RTM
- SharePoint 2013
- DDD Brisbane (December 1st 2012) – call for content
- www.webplatform.org – A new wiki for software developers
- Enterprise MVC Course (SSW)
- Xbox Music – 30 million tracks
- Scott Guthrie – Windows Azure for building Mobile Apps
Want to build a website?
SSW has the resources to develop sites of any scope, from ongoing maintenance tasks to the implementation of large complex sites. Know more.