Developers tend to underestimate the impact and importance of marketing themselves. In this video you will learn how to use effective marketing tools to boost your presence and help to better your career.
John Sonmez has quite a remarkable career. He’s the founder of Simple Programmer, a website dedicated to teaching developers how better market themselves. He has published over 50 courses on Pluralsight. John also hosts the Get Up and CODE podcast and is considered to be a ‘life coach’ for software developers.
Check out this interview and learn the importance of blogging and several tips from John including:
- The importance of blogging to get the best jobs and what you should blog about
- How to get a name for yourself and improve your career
- How to attract the best employers
- The best first step to promote yourself online
- Finding your niche
- In-bound marketing and how it relates to developers
- Why Podcasting is so effective
- How to leverage social media to promote your profile
Take the Quiz!