We’ve converted the ‘Scrum Master’ definition from the 2013 Scrum Guide into cartoon form to illustrate the role of a Scrum Master in a Scrum team.
(from the 2013 Scrum Guide)
The Scrum Master
The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted. Scrum Masters do this by ensuring that the Scrum Team adheres to Scrum theory, practices, and rules.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren’t. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
Scrum Master Service to the Product Owner
The Scrum Master serves the Product Owner in several ways, including:
- Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management;
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items;
- Understanding product planning in an empirical environment;
- Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value;
- Understanding and practicing agility; and,
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed.
Scrum Master Service to the Development Team
The Scrum Master serves the Development Team in several ways, including:
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality;
- Helping the Development Team to create high-value products;
- Removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress;
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed; and,
- Coaching the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood.
Scrum Master Service to the Organization
The Scrum Master serves the organization in several ways, including:
- Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
- Planning Scrum implementations within the organization;
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development;
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team; and,
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
Take the Quiz!
About the speakers
Mr Scrum Master
A person’s signature is extremely valuable. Getting a signature is hard work. Salespeople use all sorts of euphemisms to avoid that confronting request: “…if you could just sign here…”
Requesting a signature (or just an initial) on non-contractual type documents (especially screenshots, mockups, or data-schemas) is very beneficial.
Are you ready to take your GPT game to the next level? Join Adam Cogan and learn invaluable tips and tricks that will help you master the AI revolution. In this presentation, Adam will show the awesomeness of ChatGPT, including prompt engineering for developers and marketers. Then Adam will also showcase the wonders of the OpenAI API and demonstrate how developers can leverage it to its full potential.
Calum Simpson explores the fascinating world of chat GPT and its creative applications. From smart home automation to content generation. Discover how chat GPT can output commands and instructions for other systems, making your home smarter and more efficient. Witness the potential of automated content generation and its impact on your productivity. Get inspired and join the future of innovation!
A comprehensive video guide to creating chatbots with ChatGPT. Discover the power of the OpenAI API, its ability to generate intelligent responses, and the step-by-step process of building effective chatbots. Enhance user experience and save time by harnessing the natural language processing capabilities of ChatGPT.
Dive into the latest tech news! Microsoft makes groundbreaking AI announcements, Apple unveils its Vision Pro, and more exciting updates. Join host Adam Cogan as he discusses these developments and provides insights. Stay up-to-date with the fast-paced world of technology!
Join Matt Wicks from SSW TV as he interviews Simon Painter, a Senior Developer at Müller Dairy and self-proclaimed Code Monkey with over a decade of experience.
Join SSW Solution Architect William Liebenberg as he presents a game-changing approach to building microservices using Dapr and Azure Container Apps.
William gives a hands-on demonstration of how Dapr enhances resiliency and discoverability while managing dependencies and complexity as you add microservices in GitHub-to-Azure deployments.
Discover the fascinating world of prompt engineering and its impact on AI development.
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, technology has advanced to a point where even our homes and offices can be smart. With the power of automation systems from SSW, controlling our lights, climate, entertainment, and security has become as easy as pressing a button on our Control4 remotes or smartphones. Imagine walking into your home or office and the doors unlock, the lights turn on, the air conditioner adjusts to your preferred temperature, and your favorite Star Wars soundtrack plays in the background. With SSW’s smart solutions, the force will be with you, always.
Discover how GPT-4 can revolutionize your workflow, and increase your productivity and efficiency. This is your chance to gain insight into the future of AI and software development. Get ready to learn and explore the exciting possibilities of GPT-4! 🤘