Microsoft Ignite Australia is on the Gold Coast this year and SSW TV was there to catch all the action.
Adam Cogan Interviews Hamish Watson
In this interview, Hamish Watson covers what he believes are the important elements of good DevOps:
1. How to truly automate apps and databases
2. How to work towards a common goal of repeatable automated deployments using continuous integration and continuous delivery
3. The pillars of tools, process, people and culture
4. VSTS Release manager vs Octopus Deploy
5. DACPAC vs Entity Framework vs manual Scripts
About the speaker(s)
Adam Cogan is the Chief Architect at SSW, a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner specializing in custom .NET, SharePoint, Business Intelligence, and CRM solutions. At SSW, Adam has been developing custom solutions for businesses across a range of industries such as Government, engineering, banking, insurance and manufacturing since 1990 for clients such as Microsoft, Worley Parsons and Aurecon.
Hamish is a Systems Management Specialist with a passion for efficient application deployment using DevOps methodologies. He has 18 years IT experience in managing large scale databases on JADE & SQL Server technologies. He has been managing SQL Server since SQL 2000 and pragmatic architectural design is his main focus at Jade Software. Educating and helping others learn is a driver for Hamish and he is a PASS Chapter Leader, SQL Saturday organizer/speaker and a guest lecturer at a local university.