SSW General Manager Ulysses Maclaren walks us through the 5 best ways to increase your efficiency when it comes to email communication.
For more info see all the SSW’s Rules to Better Email mentioned in this video:
1. Dones – Do you use email for tasks only – not communication?
2. Dones – Do you reply ‘Done’ and delete the original email?
3. Do you group your emails by Conversation and Date?
4. Do you include the name of the person you address on the first line?
5. Do you add context/reasoning to your emails?
6. Do you send “As Per Our Conversation” emails?
7. Do you ask for content changes using from X to Y?
8. Do you number tasks or questions you would like a reply to?
9. Do you use indentation for readability?
10. Do you know how to add or remove someone from the conversation?
11. Dones – Do your “done’s” include a URL?
12. Do you use > and indentation to keep the context?
13. Do you CC everyone and reply to all when necessary?
14. Do you use email signatures for external emails?
Take the Quiz!