Adam Cogan was lucky enough to sit down with the Godfather of Scrum and pick his brain on the past, present and future of the highly popular ‘Scrum Agile Methodology’
Take the Quiz!
- RUP has been sequestered into IBM’s AUP (Agile Unified Process)
- SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework is from Dean Leffingwell, Formerly of RallyDev
- The June 2011 Scrum Guide is different from its predecessor. They removed techniques, tips, and best practices from the core of Scrum and let the community blog “Best Practices” of their experiences.
- A new scrum guide has now been released – ‘Scrum Guide 2013’
- Scrum makes people’s work visible and outs the people who hide (or ‘game’ the system)
- Coming soon – a new scrum framework for enterprises
- Adam Cogan’s suggestion for a name: Zeal. Then trainers can be called Zealots 🙂
- Check out SSW’s Rule: Do you know what happens at a sprint retrospective meeting?
- SSW’s Rules to Better Scrum
- It is impossible to estimate your capacity to do creative work
- See SSW’s suggestions for Scrum
- This follows Rule: Do you estimate “Business Value”?
- Check out SSW’s Rule: Do you know what to do with an Uncompleted PBI?
- Eve Cogan, 10 Year Old Documentarist: www.evecogan.com
About the speakers
Father of Scrum
Ken Schwaber is a software developer, product manager and industry consultant. Ken worked with Jeff Sutherland to formulate the initial versions of the Scrum development process and to present Scrum as a formal process at OOPSLA'95. They have extended and enhanced Scrum at many software companies and IT organizations. Schwaber and Sutherland are initial signers of the Agile Manifesto. They are co-authors of the definitive Scrum Guide, which is made available for free by Scrum.org. Today Schwaber runs Scrum.org, which provides Scrum resources, training, assessments, and certifications for Scrum Masters, Scrum Developers, Scrum Product Owners, and organizations using Scrum.
He is one of the leaders of the agile software development movement. He is a founder of the Agile Alliance, and he is responsible for founding the Scrum Alliance and creating the Certified Scrum Master programs and its derivatives. Ken left the Scrum Alliance  in the fall of 2009 after a serious bicycle accident. He then founded Scrum.org with Alex Armstrong. At Scrum.org, he led the development of new courseware, assessments, and partnerships to improve the quality and effectiveness of Scrum. He has recently published and updated Scrum with Jeff Sutherland, and wrote "Software in Thirty Days" also with Jeff.
How to Plan for Database Performance | Bryden Oliver | User Group
Are your applications running at a snail’s pace? 🐌
Have you been wracking your brain trying to identify the source of the bottleneck? 🔍
Tech News #26 | Adam Cogan | User Group
Adam Cogan brings you the most important and recent tech news, including the release of .NET 8 preview, updates on Azure Open AI Service, GitHub, and AWS, and the rebranding of Netlify CMS. He also introduces the new, faster version of Microsoft Teams.
Simply Remote Testing with Dev Tunnels | Daniel Mackay | SSW Rules
Find out how to expose a locally running application over the internet for testing and design feedback.
Content Creation 101 – A Creative’s Guide | Richard Campbell and Adam Cogan | Tech Chat
Storytelling and content creation can be daunting and complex endeavour.
Tech News #25 | Adam Cogan | User Group
Microsoft are integrating GPT3 into Teams, Office, Bing basically everything, Gatsby has been acquired and Notepad which was built in 1983, now has tabs, that’s only 40 years all this and more in SSW Tech News
Launch your developer career into space | Piers Sinclair | .NET User Group
There are many different technologies and programming languages to choose from and a vast amount of information to sift through. So, where do you begin?
Spawn an Online Game with Blazor, .NET 7 and Clean Architecture in under 60 minutes | Luke Parker | SSW User Groups
Full Stack Web Developers are commonplace, but what if you were told those very skills can directly translate to building an online game?! 🎮
Master Video Editing Terms with Adam and Eve Cogan | SSW Rules
It’s important for anyone involved to know the basic video editing terms to keep feedback clear and concise.
Boost Productivity: Say Goodbye to Time Wasting with this Simple Trick – No Hello | SSW Rules
Please don’t say just ‘Hello’ in chat. It’s as if you called someone on the phone and said “Hi!” and then put them on hold!
Augmented reality and the future of devices with Richard Campbell and Ulysses Maclaren
Phones have ruled our digital experience for over a decade. But where will we go for information and how will we expect it to be delivered?