If you want to get your website to the top of Google search results, then watch this video to learn from SEO Guru Craig Bailey who teaches the SSW FireBootCamper’s exactly how to do that with their own blogs and sites.
Part 1 – Introduction to SEO
- A general introduction to SEO and where it fits in overall web marketing
- The importance of understanding the business goals of a web site (this is especially important for developers who consult to enterprise clients)
- The key factors to optimize on web sites, and how optimizing 3 simple areas can make a big difference to Google rankings
- An in-depth look at Google analytics and how to use the main reports
- Understanding the robots.txt file (and the disaster that can happen when it is incorrectly implemented)
- The value of preparing an XML sitemap
Part 2 – Google Webmaster Tools and Analytics
- A dive into Google Webmaster Tools, including how to remove sitelinks, how to submit XML sitemaps, checking errors & index status
- How to use the queries tool in Google Webmaster Tools and understanding why the numbers don’t always match with Google analytics stats
- understanding the (not provided) keyword in Google analytics
- The benefits of using Bing Webmaster Tools
- How to use the Bing Webmaster Tools keyword tool
- A look at tools that are used for researching keywords
- A discussion about how links are incredibly important for ranking
- The ‘click here‘ example
- Quick Q+A session covering common myths and expectations around SEO
- The importance of redirects
This session is ideal for developers who are new to SEO, and looking for hands on guidance on how to get started with site optimization, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools.
You can check out more content over at FireBootCamp.
The slides are available here:
About the speakers
Craig has been involved in software development for more than 20 years, the last 15 of which have been focused on Microsoft technologies. He’s worked as an engineer, team leader, software manager, CTO and Technical Director of various Microsoft Gold Partners, covering both services and software development strategies.
It takes more to be a great coder than you might think! Check out this video from NDC Sydney featuring Adam Cogan, Michael Smedley and Matt Goldman on the importance of teamwork and good communication in software development. Learn about SSW’s new mobile app and how it connects us with the software development community.
Pragmatic DevOps It’s easy to feel like DevOps is too hard to implement because the theory is hard to apply in their company. Rather than give up, it’s important to be pragmatic and try to solve the problems. To do this effectively, you need the theory. With books like The Phoenix Project and The Unicorn…
New features of C#8.0 SSW’s Andreas Lengkeek talks with ‘the C# guy’ Filip Ekberg on the new features of C# 8.0 and what’s coming down the line. They discuss: – Nullable Types – Async Streams – Pattern Matching – Coming up features
Explore the impressive new features on docs.microsoft.com with Brendan Richards and Dan Fernandez. Docs.microsoft are awesome… and now have code samples that run! See how the magic happens via Azure containers that provide interactive docs that execute .Net code samples and Azure CLI operations in real-time. Also, hear behind-the-scenes stories on how one documentation site…
Remote procedure calls (RPC) have been around since the beginning of time – most of them never copped a speeding ticket! Many of us have lived through XML-RPC – SOAP – .NET Remoting – WCF – JSON-RPC and most recently – REST. Back in 2015 Google threw their hat into the ring with gRPC, promising…
NDC was one of our highlights for 2019! NDC hosted so many great presenters including some of our very own developers. The release of the SSW Rewards app was also a great success with so many on the show floor taking part in the SSW Treasure Hunt.
“Hey Dev, stop for a Sec… it’s not all about Ops!” Admit it! Ever since you adopted DevOps, things are spinning way faster than you thought they would. Tools are taking care of the CI/CD process, an APM platform gives you insights into issues in production, and you are fully focused on your code. Having…
Quick analysis of the Cambridge Analytica scandal currently facing Facebook.
Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10 + what’s the difference between an MSI and Click To Run? | Adam Cogan
Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10. We also cover Windows installer technologies; what’s the difference between an MSI and Click To Run?
This is not the same container 101 talk you’ve seen a dozen times. The point of this talk is how to ship a container to production, once you’ve built it. We’ll containerize a .net core app, debug locally, set up continuous deployment, set up a container cluster and deploy to it.