If you want to get your website to the top of Google search results, then watch this video to learn from SEO Guru Craig Bailey who teaches the SSW FireBootCamper’s exactly how to do that with their own blogs and sites.
Part 1 – Introduction to SEO
- A general introduction to SEO and where it fits in overall web marketing
- The importance of understanding the business goals of a web site (this is especially important for developers who consult to enterprise clients)
- The key factors to optimize on web sites, and how optimizing 3 simple areas can make a big difference to Google rankings
- An in-depth look at Google analytics and how to use the main reports
- Understanding the robots.txt file (and the disaster that can happen when it is incorrectly implemented)
- The value of preparing an XML sitemap
Part 2 – Google Webmaster Tools and Analytics
- A dive into Google Webmaster Tools, including how to remove sitelinks, how to submit XML sitemaps, checking errors & index status
- How to use the queries tool in Google Webmaster Tools and understanding why the numbers don’t always match with Google analytics stats
- understanding the (not provided) keyword in Google analytics
- The benefits of using Bing Webmaster Tools
- How to use the Bing Webmaster Tools keyword tool
- A look at tools that are used for researching keywords
- A discussion about how links are incredibly important for ranking
- The ‘click here‘ example
- Quick Q+A session covering common myths and expectations around SEO
- The importance of redirects
This session is ideal for developers who are new to SEO, and looking for hands on guidance on how to get started with site optimization, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools.
You can check out more content over at FireBootCamp.
The slides are available here:
About the speakers
Craig has been involved in software development for more than 20 years, the last 15 of which have been focused on Microsoft technologies. He’s worked as an engineer, team leader, software manager, CTO and Technical Director of various Microsoft Gold Partners, covering both services and software development strategies.
A person’s signature is extremely valuable. Getting a signature is hard work. Salespeople use all sorts of euphemisms to avoid that confronting request: “…if you could just sign here…”
Requesting a signature (or just an initial) on non-contractual type documents (especially screenshots, mockups, or data-schemas) is very beneficial.
Are you ready to take your GPT game to the next level? Join Adam Cogan and learn invaluable tips and tricks that will help you master the AI revolution. In this presentation, Adam will show the awesomeness of ChatGPT, including prompt engineering for developers and marketers. Then Adam will also showcase the wonders of the OpenAI API and demonstrate how developers can leverage it to its full potential.
Calum Simpson explores the fascinating world of chat GPT and its creative applications. From smart home automation to content generation. Discover how chat GPT can output commands and instructions for other systems, making your home smarter and more efficient. Witness the potential of automated content generation and its impact on your productivity. Get inspired and join the future of innovation!
A comprehensive video guide to creating chatbots with ChatGPT. Discover the power of the OpenAI API, its ability to generate intelligent responses, and the step-by-step process of building effective chatbots. Enhance user experience and save time by harnessing the natural language processing capabilities of ChatGPT.
Dive into the latest tech news! Microsoft makes groundbreaking AI announcements, Apple unveils its Vision Pro, and more exciting updates. Join host Adam Cogan as he discusses these developments and provides insights. Stay up-to-date with the fast-paced world of technology!
Join Matt Wicks from SSW TV as he interviews Simon Painter, a Senior Developer at Müller Dairy and self-proclaimed Code Monkey with over a decade of experience.
Join SSW Solution Architect William Liebenberg as he presents a game-changing approach to building microservices using Dapr and Azure Container Apps.
William gives a hands-on demonstration of how Dapr enhances resiliency and discoverability while managing dependencies and complexity as you add microservices in GitHub-to-Azure deployments.
Discover the fascinating world of prompt engineering and its impact on AI development.
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, technology has advanced to a point where even our homes and offices can be smart. With the power of automation systems from SSW, controlling our lights, climate, entertainment, and security has become as easy as pressing a button on our Control4 remotes or smartphones. Imagine walking into your home or office and the doors unlock, the lights turn on, the air conditioner adjusts to your preferred temperature, and your favorite Star Wars soundtrack plays in the background. With SSW’s smart solutions, the force will be with you, always.
Discover how GPT-4 can revolutionize your workflow, and increase your productivity and efficiency. This is your chance to gain insight into the future of AI and software development. Get ready to learn and explore the exciting possibilities of GPT-4! 🤘