Adam Cogan interviews Jamie Cool from Microsoft about the new Visual Studio 2012
Jamie showed Adam the new Visual Studio 2012 and what a fantastic insight into the early Beta it was. Jamie demoed only the best features.
In this interview, we cover:
- The philosophy behind the new design to the new Team Explorer
- The new Team Explorer in VS 2012
- The new Build Hub
- The new Diff and Merge tools
- Using Local Workspaces
- The new My Work Hub and Code Review features
- Bonus: A ‘cool’ blooper at the end
In the comments, let me know if you liked the short or long one…
- Tip #1: New Team Explorer means 1 tool window (instead of many)
- Tip #2: Build Hub – Developers can check on the progress of their builds, without hiding their code.
- Tip #3: Work Item Search – Now you can find a work item without creating a work item query
- Tip #4: Conflicts – Now VS does auto merge better; you will see a lot fewer conflicts in VS 2012 then you ever saw before.
- Tip #5: Great new Merge Tool – VS2012 has a brand new Diff and Merge Tool built right into the VS code editor and it is awesome.
- Tip #6: Local workspaces – Losing your network no longer stops you from coding in VS 2012
- Tip #7: My Work – Your agile task board and VS now work seamlessly together. You can look at the agile task board, then switch to VS and see the same work items under the ‘My Work’ hub, then you indicate what you are about to start working on.
- Tip #8: Suspend – Getting interrupted has never been so painless. No more need to check-in or shelve, every piece of your environment is saved.
- Tip #9: Code Review – Add a Code Review comment to code, just like MS Word. Your coding editor and your code review surface are one and the same.
About the speakers
Jamie is a 14 year Microsoft veteran & Group Program Manager in the North Carolina office of the Team Foundation Server team. His focus is on making TFS a great tool for developers.
A person’s signature is extremely valuable. Getting a signature is hard work. Salespeople use all sorts of euphemisms to avoid that confronting request: “…if you could just sign here…”
Requesting a signature (or just an initial) on non-contractual type documents (especially screenshots, mockups, or data-schemas) is very beneficial.
Are you ready to take your GPT game to the next level? Join Adam Cogan and learn invaluable tips and tricks that will help you master the AI revolution. In this presentation, Adam will show the awesomeness of ChatGPT, including prompt engineering for developers and marketers. Then Adam will also showcase the wonders of the OpenAI API and demonstrate how developers can leverage it to its full potential.
Calum Simpson explores the fascinating world of chat GPT and its creative applications. From smart home automation to content generation. Discover how chat GPT can output commands and instructions for other systems, making your home smarter and more efficient. Witness the potential of automated content generation and its impact on your productivity. Get inspired and join the future of innovation!
A comprehensive video guide to creating chatbots with ChatGPT. Discover the power of the OpenAI API, its ability to generate intelligent responses, and the step-by-step process of building effective chatbots. Enhance user experience and save time by harnessing the natural language processing capabilities of ChatGPT.
Dive into the latest tech news! Microsoft makes groundbreaking AI announcements, Apple unveils its Vision Pro, and more exciting updates. Join host Adam Cogan as he discusses these developments and provides insights. Stay up-to-date with the fast-paced world of technology!
Join Matt Wicks from SSW TV as he interviews Simon Painter, a Senior Developer at Müller Dairy and self-proclaimed Code Monkey with over a decade of experience.
Join SSW Solution Architect William Liebenberg as he presents a game-changing approach to building microservices using Dapr and Azure Container Apps.
William gives a hands-on demonstration of how Dapr enhances resiliency and discoverability while managing dependencies and complexity as you add microservices in GitHub-to-Azure deployments.
Discover the fascinating world of prompt engineering and its impact on AI development.
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, technology has advanced to a point where even our homes and offices can be smart. With the power of automation systems from SSW, controlling our lights, climate, entertainment, and security has become as easy as pressing a button on our Control4 remotes or smartphones. Imagine walking into your home or office and the doors unlock, the lights turn on, the air conditioner adjusts to your preferred temperature, and your favorite Star Wars soundtrack plays in the background. With SSW’s smart solutions, the force will be with you, always.
Discover how GPT-4 can revolutionize your workflow, and increase your productivity and efficiency. This is your chance to gain insight into the future of AI and software development. Get ready to learn and explore the exciting possibilities of GPT-4! 🤘